Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Check Me Out, I'm a Novelist!

For my .5 fans, I have not posted in forever. That's cuz I've been busy. Selling my novel.

That's right. I now go around talking about me. Being a Novelist. Yes, in capitals.

About a month after I signed with Elaine, Putnam bought my novel. Yay! Now for the hard work.
Instead of it going to press all pristine and as-is, I have to do some edits. Oh, they're not bad. They just involve CUTTING OUT A CHARACTER.

Actually, I don't mind at all. I'm working with Peternelle van Arsdale, the executive editor, and besides having a totally awesome name, she happens to be some kind of genius editor who is really nice to boot. And her suggestions are things that a) I didn't think of and b) will make the book better, so why wouldn't I? Besides, at this point, I'm just a whore for sale. What do I care if my book's commercial? Sell it already.

I hope my overnight success comes soon. Let's see, that's 10 years of writing. Not all of it novel, but still.

No comments: